NZ arrive in Zimbabwe for two-Test series

Despite the protests in Zimbabwe over civil and economic issues, the New Zealand’s 15-man Test squad led by Kane Williamson arrived in the African continent for a two-Test series.

The Black Caps will play a three-day warm-up fixture starting on July 22 in the capital.

"It's nice to finally be here. We had a good tour here last year, so I'm sure it will be much the same," Tom Latham, the New Zealand opener, said. "It was a good week of preparation for us in South Africa.

"It was good to catch up with the guys. We want to win every game, like we do on most tours. "It's nice to have everyone back, everyone is fully fit. We'll get the warm-up game out of the way and then focus on the two Tests."

The first official Test gets underway on July 28, followed by the second on August 6. Both matches will be played at the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.

New Zealand previous toured Zimbabwe in July 2015 for a limited-overs series.

NZ Test SquadTrent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Luke Ronchi, Jeet Raval, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson (capt).
21 July, 2016

Nottinghamshire pacer Jake Ball set for England Test debut at Lord's

England skipper Alastair Cook announced that right-arm medium pace bowler Jake Ball will make his Test debut when England meet Pakistan at Lord’s on July 14.

Ball, 25, has been named in the playing XI for the first Test against Pakistan as a replacement for James Anderson, who was ruled out due to a shoulder injury.
The Nottinghamshire pacer has been included in three previous Test squads, but he has finally been handed a chance to be a part of playing 11.

“Jake will make his debut,” confirmed captain Alastair Cook. “Unfortunately Jimmy has missed out but it's a great opportunity for Jake.


"He's got wicket-taking balls in him, the ability to get good players out on flat wickets, and he puts the ball in good areas with good pace."

Ball has established himself as one of the key bowlers during the ongoing county championships, taking 31 wickets at an average of 23.94.
England Playing XI: Alastair Cook (c), Alex Hales, Joe Root, James Vince, Gary Ballance, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Jake Ball, Steve Finn.

Brad Hogg quits Perth Scorchers

Australian spinner Brad Hogg has quit the Perth Scorchers after spending the glorious five year spell with the club and will start afresh with a different Big Bash League outfit.

He is tipped to join the Melbourne Renegades. However, no official announcement has been announced from the club, but the Scorchers head coach Justin Langer confirmed that the 45-year-old was leaving the WACA Ground.


Hogg has started his Big Bash career in 2011-12 season, since then has been a leading wicket taker with 46 wickets at 21.82.

"Very disappointing," Langer told reporters. "I know [where he's going], but I can't tell you where he's going. But he's leaving the Scorchers. I'm really disappointed about that. What can I say? I'm personally disappointed, professionally disappointed, but it's his decision and life goes on.

"In my opinion he's made a wrong decision, that's okay, that's not my business. But I can go to bed at night knowing we offered him more money than we offered him last year, we think we've had as good deal with him for the last few years and it could have been a real win-win situation for him and us.

"But we wish him the best, we've been friends since we went to school together. I think he's been brilliant for the Scorchers. I think on and off the field he is fantastic, he's a good friend of mine but it's disappointing."

Hogg, who already retired from cricket in 2008, has made a comeback in cricket when the BBL started in 2011, helming the Scorchers to back-to-back titles in 2013-14 and 2014-15.

Worcestershire: Ben Cox pens new four-year deal

Worcestershire wicketkeeper-batsman Ben Cox has committed his long-term future by signing a new four-year contract, that will keep him at New Road until at least 2020.


The 24-year-old, who had left one year on his existing deal has now agreed to remain with Steve Rhodes’s side for the next four years.
"I'm a Worcester boy through and through - to sign for another four years is brilliant," Cox said.

"I've been here since I was nine-years-old and never thought of leaving. I want to play my cricket here."

Cox becomes the 10th player to extend a new long-term contract at New Road in the last 10 months.

Twitter reacts as Anil Kumble named as India’s head coach

Former Indian leg spinner Anil Kumble has been appointed as the new coach of the national side for the next 12 months.


The 45-year-old first assignment will be India's four-Test series against the West Indies in the Caribbean.

The BCCI President Anurag Thakur confirmed the news in a press conference at Dharamsala.


The Bengaluru-born former cricketer now fills the void left by Duncan Fletcher following the end of the ICC World Cup 2015.

In his 18-years of glorious career, Kumble has appeared in 132 Tests and 271 ODIs. He claimed a combined total of 956 wickets in Tests and ODIs, which is the third highest in the planet after Shane Warne and Muttiah Muralitharan.














24 June, 2016

Lets Get Social..!


Get the Cricket-cup Feed    Like Us on Facebook        Cricket-cup on Twitter   

Cricketing Partners

Cricket Games has one of the biggest collection of cricket games on the net.

Go to JustBookies for the best bookmakers for cricket betting.

SportingFreak.com provides top coverage of international cricket and other sport news, written by the experts.

If you bet on cricket get Cricket Betting Tips and the best Free Bets Online before betting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Hits